Thursday, February 28, 2013

The What If's

As I'm sure most of you know, a year ago today is the day that Clinton and I lost our house to the tornado. All day we've been talking on and off about the what if's and how God, our guardian angels, whatever you believe was on our side that night.

We still can't believe that we walked away without a scratch, and that the front door window (which was about 2 seconds from braking) didn't explode all over us.

What if the house was taken completely off it's foundation? We later found out from the structural engineer that the house wouldn't have lasted much longer and it would have been blown off it's foundation and we probably would have been seriously hurt.

What if I ignored the window shaking in it's pane by our bed and hadn't left? Well a tree branch went through that window and glass was all over where I had been laying.

What if we had headed into the basement and the walls caved in on us? Because that's exactly what would have happened if we had been 5 seconds faster.

I still can't believe that I didn't cut my foot on glass while walking barefoot around the house.

I still remember calling my mom right after it happened, still in shock, not knowing what to say or do.

I still remember not feeling Vada move (then baby Huser) for at least 2 hours after the storm and how terrified I was at the doctors that something happened. But weirdly, my blood pressure was the best it had been throughout my entire pregnancy that day. I think God knew we couldn't handle it if I had to be hospitalized again on the specific day.

We are eternally grateful for the help and support everyone has given us this past year and we love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment